I-95 Bridge Street to Betsy Ross Bridge (SR 0095 Section BRI)
Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Engineering District 6-0
I-95 mainline improvements:
• Reconstruction of four through lanes in each direction and widening of the median and shoulders.
• Reconstruction or repair of 28 northbound and southbound bridges.
• Construction of northbound and southbound collector-distributor lanes to serve traffic entering and exiting at Aramingo Avenue and the Betsy Ross Bridge.
At Betsy Ross Bridge/Aramingo Avenue Interchange:
• Build a new road that connects Aramingo Avenue to Adams Avenue.
•Build new ramps to and from Aramingo Avenue and I-95 and the Betsy Ross Bridge.
• Build a new off-ramp from I-95 North to Orthodox Street that provides access to Aramingo Avenue.
• Close the existing on-ramp from Aramingo Avenue to I-95 South.
• Close the existing off-ramp from I-95 North to Aramingo Avenue.
Susquehanna Civil, Inc. has been performing the following activities as the project’s geotechnical engineer:
- Geotechnical work such as RSGER’s, administration of boring contracts, core boring inspection, foundation design for all bridges, retaining walls and sign structures.
- Pavement Design
- Infiltration Testing
In 2012, Susquehanna Civil was awarded all remaining field surveying and mapping tasks along with remaining right-of-way investigations and plans for the the Final Design Phase. This new work includes a portion of the Conrail Delair Branch also used by N.J. Transit.
Susquehanna Civil Contract: $6.6 million