Join Our Team Today
Integrity. Quality. Responsiveness. Dedication.
The Susquehanna Civil Team
Susquehanna Civil is an established women-owned consulting transportation surveying, environmental, and engineering consulting firm located in York, PA. SCI is an E.E.O. employer and provides a competitive compensation package for our employees. We are continuing to grow and have a variety of openings for bright, talented, and self-motivated professionals. Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] Your application will be held in the strictest confidence.
Our List of our Current Employment Openings
The purpose of the Field Survey Technician position is to assist registered surveyors with field and office work in the collection and processing of field data, computations, property surveys, right of way surveys, road and utility surveys, mapping, and deed research. This position works under moderate supervision of work and required grasp of involves modest oversight and instructions to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Field Survey Technician is responsible for field work in a wide variety of conditions, including extreme conditions and hazardous settings. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to collecting and preparing field data, taking field notes, preparing sketches of project sites, preparation of field sites, acting as traffic control, and conducting deed research. This role also communicates with property owners, is responsible for all maintenance of supplies, equipment, and vehicles, attends project planning and training meetings, and performs other duties as assigned.
- General knowledge equivalent to a high school diploma
- Ability to perform overnight travel +/- 75% of the time
- Driver’s license required
- Competent data collection and paperwork processing skills
- Proficient communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently, good time management skills, and critical thinking skills
- Basic mathematical and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Visually able to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and reading
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Sufficient manual skill for operation of a PC keyboard and other standard office equipment
- Ability to travel, including overnight travel on a frequent basis and traverse survey sites
- Ability to exert moderate amounts of force including lifting, carrying, pulling, and moving object
Susquehanna Civil Inc. is looking for an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join our family of employees. This role will perform geotechnical evaluations and reporting to aid in the design of various structures, roadways, and other various facilities and will also coordinate with clients, oversee junior design staff, and provide support for senior engineers and professionals in geotechnical design and reporting.
- Prepare geotechnical engineering reports for structures and roadways.
- Produce deliverables consistent with PennDOT and PA Turnpike design standards.
- Perform geotechnical calculations and evaluations, including using software such as LPILE, SLIDE, and DRIVEN.
- Prepare laboratory testing programs for geotechnical evaluations.
- Quality assurance of plans, computations, and reports prepared by peers.
- Analyze and interpret geotechnical boring and test pit information.
- Coordinate with clients to advance geotechnical aspects of projects.
- Be proficient with boring log software (Bentley gINT) and drafting software (Bentley MicroStation).
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive)
- Perform geotechnical field inspection and testing, if needed.
- Professional Engineer License.
- 5+ years of experience in professional engineering services.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Familiar with common geotechnical design publications and design practices.
- PennDOT Certified Drilling Inspector Certification a plus.
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour training a plus.
Susquehanna Civil is an E.E.O. employer and we provide a competitive compensation package for our employees, including:
SCI is an equal opportunity employer that supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or biological sex, veteran status, political views or activity, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. SCI makes hiring decisions based upon qualifications, merit, and business needs and also supports providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance due to an accommodation due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected].